I’m a fully qualified counsellor with 9 years experience, here are some more details about this:
- MSc in Counselling Psychology, Keele University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology, Keele University
- Certificate in Counselling, Keele University
As well as the above general qualifications, I have also undertaken counsellor training in many other specific areas via workshops and continuing professional development, including:
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy which aims to reduce the risk of recurrent depression for people who have experienced repeated episodes.
- Rewind Therapy which can help those experiencing flashbacks and nightmares about a traumatic event.
My professional experience includes:
- Private practice
- Cheshire Councils Occupational Health Service
- Just Drop In youth counselling service, Macclesfield
- NHS Staff Support & Counselling Service, North Staffs Combined Healthcare Trust
Professional Membership and Registration
I am an accredited and registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Pyschotherapy) and work within their Ethical Framework. I am registered with the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists which is accredited under a scheme set up by the Department of Health and approved by The Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
(BACP membership number: 703037; Certificate of registration number: 37818).
I also belong to Counselling and Psychotherapy Outdoors (CAPO), a professional members organisation which aims to promote, develop and research the practice of counselling and psychotherapy in the outdoors. I have an enhanced DBS (was CRB) check and I’m fully insured.